Healthy recipe: Haldi Chilli - Marinated Salmon with Upma and Grilled Asparagus
The simple flavour of haldi and red chilli bring out the best in this salmon, which is complemented by creamy upma flavoured with mushrooms.
- 1 tbsp besan (gram flour)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lemon
- 1½ tsp haldi (turmeric)
- 2 tbsp yellow chilli powder
- 4 salmon steaks (150 g each)
- 3 tbsp soya leaves
- 20 stalks asparagus
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 mL canola oil
- 1 onion, large
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 50 ml canola oil
- black pepper powder
- 100 g suji (semolina)
- 300 ml milk
- 50 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp salt
- Dry roast besan until light brown. Apply besan, 1 tbsp salt, lemon juice, turmeric and chilly powder to salmon. Finely chop soya leaves and mix with salmon.
- To make upma, finely chop onion, garlic and mushrooms. Heat 50 ml canola oil and sauté onions, garlic and mushrooms. Add pepper powder and suji and sauté until blonde in colour. Now pour milk and cook until it becomes homogenous mixture. Add some cheese and 2 tsp salt; mix gently.
- For asparagus, keep water for boiling and add 1 tsp salt. Peel asparagus stalk from ends and blanch it in boiling water for 10 seconds. Quickly take out and put in cold water. Cool and drain.
- To assemble dish, put pan on fire and add canola oil. Sear fish on high flame and then on slow heat, gently cook until fish is medium done. Separately heat 1 Tbsp canola oil and add asparagus; sprinkle with salt and pepper powder and toss.
- Heat another pan for creamy upma. Now place lump of upma in centre of plate and place fish on top with asparagus on side. Serve hot.
Yield: 4 servings. Serving size: 1 steak.
Note: Salmon is enjoyed most when it is medium done. Cook accordingly to your preference.
Nutritional Analysis per Serving
Carbohydrate - 41 g
Protein - 55 g
Fat - 64 g
Saturated fat - 6 g
Cholesterol - 153 mg
Fiber - 3.7 g
Sodium - 1400 mg
Calories - 960
*Image Courtesy: canolainfo.org
*Recipe Courtesy: Chef Kunal Kapur, MasterChef India Judge and Executive Sous-Chef, The Leela Kempinski Gurgaon.
Garlic, a regular staple in Indian households, is the ultimate superfood. Apart from giving...
Having a healthy sex life is a great way to stay fit, happy and connected with your...
Everyone is in search of a secret product for glowing skin. But what they fail to...