Healthy Recipe: Boneless Chicken with Bell Peppers
Healthy bell peppers rolled in flavored chicken makes it a truly hard-to-resist dish. When the sinful boneless chicken mixes with all the high-fiber vegetables, it actually makes it the healthy part. With this recipe you can get in health as well as taste. Try out this healthy sinful chicken recipe shared by Ms. Priya Kathpal, Nutritionist, Mumbai.
- 100 gms (cut into 1 inch cubes) boneless skinless chicken (Can be replaced with low fat cottage cheese for vegetarians)
- 1/2 (seedless cut into 1 inch cubes) red bell pepper
- 1/2 (seedless cut into 1 inch cubes) yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 (seedless cut into 1 inch cubes) green bell pepper
- 1 (chopped finely with the greens) spring onions
- 1(chopped in medium size) tomato
- 1 tbsp of roasted flaxseeds
- 1 tsp rice bran oil
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, paprika)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Cook this dish on medium flame
- Partially cook the chicken pieces by boiling them in salt water.
- Heat the oil in an open pan and saute chicken pieces. Add salt and mix well, cover and cook till done.
- Add all the veggies except tomatoes and saute for few mins. No need to cook the veggies they should just be half done.
- Remove from heat add tomatoes and mix well, sprinkle flax seeds, pepper powder and mixed herbs.
- Serve it as a side dish or a one meal salad from calorie conscious.
Read more healthy chicken recipes here.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
22-year-old Ajith was stunned when a little kid referred to him as ‘uncle.' This...
For those of us in the corporate world, stress is a common phenomenon. Besides, numerous...
Dr Arnold Kegel, discovered kegel exercises to help pregnant women control urinary...