Healthy Recipe: Creamy Mushroom Risotto
Risotto is a popular Italian delicacy made of arborio rice or short grained rice. Blended with these creamy textures, seasoning and mushrooms, this risotto makes for a health and delicious meal..
1/2 cup sliced onions
1/2 tbsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
3/4 cup sliced mushrooms (khumbh)
1 1/4 cups uncooked arborio rice or short-grained rice
4 seasoning cubes, crushed
2 tbsp low fat cream
Salt to taste
1. Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and garlic and dry roast until the onions turn light brown in colour. Sprinkle a little water if the mixture starts burning.
2. Add the mushrooms and rice and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Dissolve the seasoning cubes in 1 cup of water to make the seasoning mixture.
4. Add half a cup of the seasoning mixture and cook this for about 15 minutes while stirring continuously.
5. Add the remaining half of the seasoning mixture along with 3 cups of water and cook on a low flame while stirring continuously until the rice gets cooked.
6. Add the cream, mix well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesty: Creamy Mushroom Risotto, TarlaDalal.com
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
For More: Recipes
While sunflower oil is a healthy oil to cook with, it can be used in your skin and hair...
We all have some sort of skincare routine and are probably guilty of some skincare...
Work, presentations, deadlines, interviews etc. are such a basic part of your life and yet...