Healthy Recipe: Creamy Mushroom Risotto
Risotto is a popular Italian delicacy made of arborio rice or short grained rice. Blended with these creamy textures, seasoning and mushrooms, this risotto makes for a health and delicious meal..
1/2 cup sliced onions
1/2 tbsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
3/4 cup sliced mushrooms (khumbh)
1 1/4 cups uncooked arborio rice or short-grained rice
4 seasoning cubes, crushed
2 tbsp low fat cream
Salt to taste
1. Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and garlic and dry roast until the onions turn light brown in colour. Sprinkle a little water if the mixture starts burning.
2. Add the mushrooms and rice and cook for 2 more minutes.
3. Dissolve the seasoning cubes in 1 cup of water to make the seasoning mixture.
4. Add half a cup of the seasoning mixture and cook this for about 15 minutes while stirring continuously.
5. Add the remaining half of the seasoning mixture along with 3 cups of water and cook on a low flame while stirring continuously until the rice gets cooked.
6. Add the cream, mix well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesty: Creamy Mushroom Risotto, TarlaDalal.com
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
For More: Recipes
Health Star Of The Week
After losing all that weight, Prasad has a new dilemma, a happy one. He has to buy new...
The foreskin is a retractable roll of skin that covers and protects the glans, or head of...
If smooth, glowing skin has evaded you all your life, then you're in luck. Geetha G H,...