Healthy Drink: Kiwi-Mint Smoothie Recipe
Green is the colour of a fresh and refreshing drink. “Many times I like to freeze this mixture in ice trays, which I then crush and serve in small glasses”, says Master Chef Vikas Khanna from KitchenAid's Blendappetit. Coral coloured Indian black salt is often used in cool summer drinks adding a burst of smoky-tanginess. The black kiwi seeds add a wonderful bite and distinct presentation to this drink. Chef Vikas shares this healthy summer drink here in the form of kiwi-mint smoothie.
- 8 to 10 ripe kiwis, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, roasted and coarsely ground
- 2 pinches of black salt
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- Carefully peel the kiwis with a paring knife and coarsely chop them.
- Transfer the kiwis to a blender and add lemon juice, cumin seeds, black salt, mint, honey, and blend until smooth. Add water as required to make it into a smooth mixture.
- Serve chilled garnished with kiwi slices.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
FOR MORE: Healthy Drinks
Healthy eating is not just a matter replacing junk food with nutrient rich food. Healthy...
We come across toxic products several times in our daily lives, and use them without a...
Everyone is in search of a secret product for glowing skin. But what they fail to...