Healthy Drink: Kiwi-Mint Smoothie Recipe
Green is the colour of a fresh and refreshing drink. “Many times I like to freeze this mixture in ice trays, which I then crush and serve in small glasses”, says Master Chef Vikas Khanna from KitchenAid's Blendappetit. Coral coloured Indian black salt is often used in cool summer drinks adding a burst of smoky-tanginess. The black kiwi seeds add a wonderful bite and distinct presentation to this drink. Chef Vikas shares this healthy summer drink here in the form of kiwi-mint smoothie.
- 8 to 10 ripe kiwis, plus more for garnish
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, roasted and coarsely ground
- 2 pinches of black salt
- 10 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- Carefully peel the kiwis with a paring knife and coarsely chop them.
- Transfer the kiwis to a blender and add lemon juice, cumin seeds, black salt, mint, honey, and blend until smooth. Add water as required to make it into a smooth mixture.
- Serve chilled garnished with kiwi slices.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
FOR MORE: Healthy Drinks
Every New Year, we tend to make New Year’s resolutions that we swear we are going to...
Your hands can become rough from your daily chores, making them look a lot older than the...
Stevia is a popular sweetener and sugar substitute that is favoured widely as it...