Healthy Indian Dish Recipe: Moong Dal Cheela
A great way to add healthy proteins to your diet, moong dal cheela is a quick breakfast recipe. All you need to do is remember to soak the moong dal at night. This no-sweat recipe can be made in 10 minutes flat as there is no fermentation required. This visually appealing meal is full of fiber and complex carbohydrates, which will keep your blood sugar level in control. So, let's get started with this simple moong dal cheela recipe!
- 1 cup of moong dal (also known as split green gram, which should ideally be soaked for 5 hours before preparing)
- ½ a tablespoon of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of ginger-chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Drain the moong dal and grind it in a processor until a thick, non-lumpy mixture is formed.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixture and mix well.
- Now, heat oil in a flat non-stick pan and spread the dough evenly using the back of a serving spoon.
- Pour the mixture evenly on the surface of the pan.
- Turn the pancake over, and make sure it is slightly brown from both the sides.
- Serve with green chutney or tomato sauce. You can also enjoy this as a good carb accompaniment with stir-fried vegetables or lean protein.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
The human body is truly amazing. Check out these 10 incredible facts about your body.
If you’re a vegetarian, watch out for these foods that seem to be vegetarian but may...
Drinking enough water is easier said than done, because even though you know that you...