Healthy Indian Dish Recipe: Moong Dal Cheela
A great way to add healthy proteins to your diet, moong dal cheela is a quick breakfast recipe. All you need to do is remember to soak the moong dal at night. This no-sweat recipe can be made in 10 minutes flat as there is no fermentation required. This visually appealing meal is full of fiber and complex carbohydrates, which will keep your blood sugar level in control. So, let's get started with this simple moong dal cheela recipe!
- 1 cup of moong dal (also known as split green gram, which should ideally be soaked for 5 hours before preparing)
- ½ a tablespoon of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of ginger-chilli paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Drain the moong dal and grind it in a processor until a thick, non-lumpy mixture is formed.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixture and mix well.
- Now, heat oil in a flat non-stick pan and spread the dough evenly using the back of a serving spoon.
- Pour the mixture evenly on the surface of the pan.
- Turn the pancake over, and make sure it is slightly brown from both the sides.
- Serve with green chutney or tomato sauce. You can also enjoy this as a good carb accompaniment with stir-fried vegetables or lean protein.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Have you ever wondered about which positions are most likely to make you climax? Or if it...
Hair Care Tips
Hair fall or hair loss does not spare age or gender. To be honest hair fall is a natural...