Healthy Ice Cream Recipe: Black Jamun Ice Cream
Black jamuns are known to be very beneficial to diabetics. Blend them together with some low-fat milk and you can have a dessert that is not only healthy but is also diabetes friendly. Give this black jamun ice cream a try this weekend.
4 tbsp black jamun pulp
2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
2 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp sugar substitute
1. Combine the cornflour in ½ cup of cold milk in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Bring the remaining 2 cups of milk to a boil in a deep non-stick pan.
3. Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame till it coats the back of a spoon, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool completely.
4. Add the black jamun pulp and sugar substitute and mix well.
5. Pour into an air-tight container and freeze for 3 to 4 hours.
6. Blend in a mixer till it is slushy, pour back into the same container and freeze for 6 to 8 hours or till the ice-cream sets.
7. Serve chilled.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Recipe courtesy: Black Jamun Ice Cream, tarladalal.com
For More: Recipes
If you’ve ever admired Hrithik Roshan or John Abraham’s physique, you have Kris Gethin...
Anurag was a pampered boy who weighed 117 kilos when he was just 22 years old. While the...
For hundreds of years, the only type of milk humans had to drink was animal milk that came...