Healthy Ice Cream Recipe: Black Jamun Ice Cream
Black jamuns are known to be very beneficial to diabetics. Blend them together with some low-fat milk and you can have a dessert that is not only healthy but is also diabetes friendly. Give this black jamun ice cream a try this weekend.
4 tbsp black jamun pulp
2 1/2 cups low-fat milk
2 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp sugar substitute
1. Combine the cornflour in ½ cup of cold milk in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Bring the remaining 2 cups of milk to a boil in a deep non-stick pan.
3. Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a slow flame till it coats the back of a spoon, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool completely.
4. Add the black jamun pulp and sugar substitute and mix well.
5. Pour into an air-tight container and freeze for 3 to 4 hours.
6. Blend in a mixer till it is slushy, pour back into the same container and freeze for 6 to 8 hours or till the ice-cream sets.
7. Serve chilled.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Recipe courtesy: Black Jamun Ice Cream, tarladalal.com
For More: Recipes
The human body is truly amazing. Check out these 10 incredible facts about your body.
If you’re a vegetarian, watch out for these foods that seem to be vegetarian but may...
Drinking enough water is easier said than done, because even though you know that you...