Healthy Heart Recipe: Baked Vegetable Roll Up
This is a wonderful dish to make from left-over chapatis. The corn and mushroom filling adds crunchiness to these rolls. Once you ensure that the chapattis are fat free and replace cheese with low calorie white sauce, you have a 'heart friendly' dish at hand.
Cooking Time: 5 mins
Baking Time: 15 to 20 mins.
Baking Temperature: 220°C (430°F).
Makes 4 servings
4 left-over whole wheat chapatis , approximately 200 mm (8") in diameter
For The Filling
- 1/2 cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ka dana)
- 1/2 cup blanched and chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (khumbh)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
For The Mustard Sauce
- 1 recipe low fat cheese sauce
- 1/2 tsp prepared mustard paste
- salt to taste
For the filling
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the onions, garlic and cook till the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the corn kernels, oregano and salt and cook till the mixture is completely dry. Cool and keep aside.
For the mustard sauce
Mix all the ingredients together and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Place one chapati on a dry surface and spread 2 tablespoons of the filling on one side. Roll up the chapati tightly.
- Repeat to make 3 more roll ups.
- Place the prepared roll ups on a greased baking dish and spoon the mustard sauce over them.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220°c (430°f) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
*Recipe Courtesy: Baked Vegetable Roll Up,Tarladalal.com
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
FOR MORE: HEART HEALTH
The human body is truly amazing. Check out these 10 incredible facts about your body.
If you’re a vegetarian, watch out for these foods that seem to be vegetarian but may...
Drinking enough water is easier said than done, because even though you know that you...