Healthy Foodie: Vegetarian Power Snack Recipes
Power snacks are the foods, which are not only tight in their calorie content but are also full of nutrients, minerals and sufficient proteins, fats and carbohydrates content. These snacks are often seen as an ideal choice for gym-goers as a pre or post-gym snack. Today, we are sharing with you top 2 vegetarian power snack recipes; namely – vegetable chaat mix and delicious almond milk recipe. Here we go...
Vegetable Chat Mix
- 1 cup american sweet corn
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 green chilli
- few mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Black salt to taste
- Saute corn.
- Roast cumin seeds mildly and grind them coarsely.
- Chop cucumber and bell pepper.
- Wash and chop mint and chilli very finely.
- Toss together corn and chopped vegetables.
- Season corn with mint, chilli, olive oil, cumin powder and salt.
- Serve warm at home on holidays or pack in tiffin with lemon wedges.
- 35 almonds
- 200 ml purified water
- Soak almonds overnight
- Next morning drain water and peel them
- Put skinned almonds in the blender.
- Gradually add water and churn to make homogeneous milk.
- Blend until the consistency of milk is to your liking.
- Do not strain the grain.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
After losing all that weight, Prasad has a new dilemma, a happy one. He has to buy new...
The foreskin is a retractable roll of skin that covers and protects the glans, or head of...
If smooth, glowing skin has evaded you all your life, then you're in luck. Geetha G H,...