Healthy Foodie: Pumpkin Pie Recipe
A crowd-pleasing family favourite, today’s recipe is loved by one and all – a healthy pumpkin pie recipe. Full of carotenoids and neturalizing-free radicals, pumpkin is great for overall health. With a bit of soaking and rehydrating, the only challenge in a healthy pumpkin pie recipe is to keep the starch content at minimum. So, let us get started with this creamy and nutritious pumpkin pie recipe.
For the crust:
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp black sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil, melted
For the filling:
- 2 cups sweet pumpkin
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup soaked dates, without the seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp black sea salt
- 1/3 cup boiling coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- Take all the crust ingredients and process them at one go, leaving aside coconut oil.
- Now take a pie tray and rub coconut oil on it nicely. Now pour the thick pie crust on the tray evenly.
- Place this tray in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to set nicely.
- Now take all the filling ingredients and blend them in a processor nicely.
- When done, taste the mixture and adjust the mixture ratio accordingly.
- Add this mixture to the crust and freeze if for next ½ and hour.
- Garnish it with cinnamon and crushed brown sugar, and your raw superfood pumpkin pie is ready.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
The human body is truly amazing. Check out these 10 incredible facts about your body.
If you’re a vegetarian, watch out for these foods that seem to be vegetarian but may...
Drinking enough water is easier said than done, because even though you know that you...