Healthy Foodie: Pumpkin Pie Recipe
A crowd-pleasing family favourite, today’s recipe is loved by one and all – a healthy pumpkin pie recipe. Full of carotenoids and neturalizing-free radicals, pumpkin is great for overall health. With a bit of soaking and rehydrating, the only challenge in a healthy pumpkin pie recipe is to keep the starch content at minimum. So, let us get started with this creamy and nutritious pumpkin pie recipe.
For the crust:
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1/2 tsp black sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil, melted
For the filling:
- 2 cups sweet pumpkin
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup soaked dates, without the seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp black sea salt
- 1/3 cup boiling coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- Take all the crust ingredients and process them at one go, leaving aside coconut oil.
- Now take a pie tray and rub coconut oil on it nicely. Now pour the thick pie crust on the tray evenly.
- Place this tray in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes to set nicely.
- Now take all the filling ingredients and blend them in a processor nicely.
- When done, taste the mixture and adjust the mixture ratio accordingly.
- Add this mixture to the crust and freeze if for next ½ and hour.
- Garnish it with cinnamon and crushed brown sugar, and your raw superfood pumpkin pie is ready.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
While sunflower oil is a healthy oil to cook with, it can be used in your skin and hair...
We all have some sort of skincare routine and are probably guilty of some skincare...
Work, presentations, deadlines, interviews etc. are such a basic part of your life and yet...