Healthy Food : Renal Friendly Recipe
It’s a known fact that people with kidney disease need to keep a check on what and how much they eat. Consumption of potassium, phosphorus, sodium, fat and protein needs to be controlled strictly as they because more harm than good. Packed foods are high in sodium and a NO NO for kidney patients as they result in hypertension and adds extra load on the kidneys.
Here Dr. Vandana Mathur, PhD (Nutrition), Consulting Nutritionist, Metropolis Healthcare Limited shares a renal friendly recipe that’s easy and packed with nutrients.
Serving size: 2 cutlets
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 2 cups grated cabbage
- 2 cups french beans, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose white flour
- 4 brown bread slices
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Steam cabbage and carrots in a pan. When half cooked, add the chopped french beans and cook until completely done.
- When cool, add spices, flour and bread slices (soaked in water and drained by squeezing between the palms), coriander leaves and the lime juice.
- Make 12 balls and flatten each into a patty (the size of a small burger).
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil and place patties in the saucepan, two or three at a time without crowding.
- Flip patties over when cooked, about 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve hot.
Related Article: Eat These Foods For A Healthy Kidney
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Have you ever wondered about which positions are most likely to make you climax? Or if it...
Hair Care Tips
Hair fall or hair loss does not spare age or gender. To be honest hair fall is a natural...