Healthy Dinner: Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry
When it comes to making healthy dinners for your family, you sometimes need to take matters into your own hands. Because of your work schedule, it's important that the recipes are easy to make and not a long drawn laborious meal. Because you want it to be healthy, tasty, interesting and easy to make, here is a healthy dinner stir-fry recipe with chicken and vegetables, to keep your family asking for more. Stir-fries are healthy, and the good thing is that they are a complete meal by themselves with brown rice as an accompaniment.
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) precooked brown rice
- 1 cup precooked shelled edamame (soyabeans), (thawed, if frozen)
- 1/3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add yellow pepper and carrots and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chicken pieces, ginger, and garlic, and cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add brown rice, edamame, and stir-fry sauce, and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center and rice mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in green onions then divide among 4 bowls to serve.
*Image courtesy: © photl.com
Your alarm didn’t go off, you woke up late and now you’re running late for work -...
For better or for worse, things will change. The decisions you make today will reflect on...
Street jazz is a modern-day dance style that stems from other dance forms like hip-hop,...