Healthy Cake Recipe: Carrot Cake
Can you eat your cake and watch your health too? The answer is yes! This article features a healthy carrot cake that is filled with substantial amounts of fibre and vitamins. With a healthy mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, honey and jaggery to flavour it this cake will also be a delight to your taste buds.
2 cups grated carrot
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1 tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup grated jaggery (gur)
3/4 cup honey
1. Sieve the whole wheat flour, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and baking powder together and keep aside.
2. Combine the butter, jaggery and honey in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
3. Combine the butter mixture, flour mixture and grated carrots in a deep bowl and mix well with the help of a spatula.
4. Grease a 175mm. (7") diameter cake tin with melted butter and dust it with whole wheat flour and pour the prepared mixture into it and soread it evenly using a spatula.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.
6. Demould and cut into pieces and serve or store in an air-tight container.
Recipe courtesy: Carrot Cake, tarladalal.com
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
For More: Healthy Recipe
Smoking is bad for your health, yes, but do you know exactly how it affects your body? Most...
The immune system’s job is to identify foreign microbes, viruses, and parasites creeping...
Pizza isn't necessarily junk food; it all depends on how it's made. Pizza can be...