Healthy Cake Recipe: Carrot Cake
Can you eat your cake and watch your health too? The answer is yes! This article features a healthy carrot cake that is filled with substantial amounts of fibre and vitamins. With a healthy mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, honey and jaggery to flavour it this cake will also be a delight to your taste buds.
2 cups grated carrot
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1 tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup grated jaggery (gur)
3/4 cup honey
1. Sieve the whole wheat flour, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and baking powder together and keep aside.
2. Combine the butter, jaggery and honey in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
3. Combine the butter mixture, flour mixture and grated carrots in a deep bowl and mix well with the help of a spatula.
4. Grease a 175mm. (7") diameter cake tin with melted butter and dust it with whole wheat flour and pour the prepared mixture into it and soread it evenly using a spatula.
5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 1 hour. Cool on a wire rack.
6. Demould and cut into pieces and serve or store in an air-tight container.
Recipe courtesy: Carrot Cake, tarladalal.com
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
For More: Healthy Recipe