Healthy Breakfast: Healthy Beetroot Dosa Recipe
A favourite with Indians, dosas make for a great breakfast or mid-day snack. They're easy to make and quite filling as well. All you need is a bowlful of chutney to make it more delicious. Today, Ms. Priya Kathpal – Nutritionist, Mumbai, gives this South Indian dish a red-healthy touch with this must-have breakfast for any age group. If your blood count is low and you don’t like eating raw or boiled beetroot, then this recipe is definitely for you.
Healthy Beetroot Dosa
- Beetroot – 1 (grated)
- Maida – 1 ½ cup
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 spring (finely chopeed)
- Water, oil and salt – as required
- Take a bowl and mix in grated beetroot, onion, green chillied, baking powder, curry leaves, salt and maida with water. Make sure your batter is lump free.
- Heat a frying pan and pour some batter. Give the batter the shape of a dosa.
- Put a few drops of oil on top. Fry on medium flame till the dosa is completely cooked and golden brown on both sides.
- Keep repeating the same procedure, till the batter finished.
- Serve hot, with mint chutney.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
The human body is truly amazing. Check out these 10 incredible facts about your body.
If you’re a vegetarian, watch out for these foods that seem to be vegetarian but may...
Drinking enough water is easier said than done, because even though you know that you...