Healthy Bagel Recipe: Spicy Coriander Chicken Bagel
You are running quite late for work, with no time in hand to prepare a breakfast. You quickly whip up a glass of coffee along with a bagel on your way to work. But our question to you is – Is that bagel healthy? To answer this, it will be difficult to make a blanket statement categorizing all bagels as good or bad. In the end, it all boils down to selecting the right kind of bagel. A plain medium bagel has 289 calories, 1.6 g of fat, 2.4 g of fiber and 11.03 g of protein. Opt for a multigrain or whole wheat variety of bagel, if you are looking to incorporate bagels into your healthy dietary routine. Today, Lalita - CEO and Founder of Bagel’s Cafe Pvt Ltd - shares with us one such health bagel recipe. We promise, it doesn't compromise on taste!
Recipe for Spicy Coriander Chicken Bagel
- 1 – Bagel
- 30gms - coriander mayo
- 20gms – lettuce
- 60 gms - chicken (diced)
- 10 gms - red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp - homemade coriander chutney
- Stir fry the diced chicken in oil in a pan till brown (or cooked)
- Mix with coriander chutney
- Slice the bagels into 2 halves
- Put coriander mayo on both sides (mix 2 tbsp of mayo with one tbsp ofcoriander chutney for 'coriander mayo')
- Place the lettuce on the bottom half of the bagel
- Put the cooked coriander chicken on top of the lettuce
- Garnish with red bell pepper and chopped coriander
- Serve with a side salad and whole wheat wafers!
About Lalita de Goederen. Lalita de Goederen – van Lamsweerde (33 years old, CEO and Founder of Lalita’s Bagel’s Cafe Pvt Ltd) is a first generation entrepreneur and the force behind the only cafe in India focused on serving authentic bagels, Bagels Cafe. Her passion for food – both in terms of cooking and consuming – made the decision to enter the world of food & beverage (F&B) a natural choice for Lalita. Every single item on the menu at Bagels Cafe is something that Lalita has either created or adapted and added her signature style to.
*Image courtesy: © Bagels Cafe
The 2015 Academy Awards witnessed some of the fittest Hollywood celebrities who dazzled on...
Vinay was a skinny and underweight kid who had grown up watching Arnold Schwarzenegger and...
Welcome to the vegetarian world! Vegetarians are frequently misunderstood as unconventional...