Healthy Bagel Recipe: Spicy Coriander Chicken Bagel
You are running quite late for work, with no time in hand to prepare a breakfast. You quickly whip up a glass of coffee along with a bagel on your way to work. But our question to you is – Is that bagel healthy? To answer this, it will be difficult to make a blanket statement categorizing all bagels as good or bad. In the end, it all boils down to selecting the right kind of bagel. A plain medium bagel has 289 calories, 1.6 g of fat, 2.4 g of fiber and 11.03 g of protein. Opt for a multigrain or whole wheat variety of bagel, if you are looking to incorporate bagels into your healthy dietary routine. Today, Lalita - CEO and Founder of Bagel’s Cafe Pvt Ltd - shares with us one such health bagel recipe. We promise, it doesn't compromise on taste!
Recipe for Spicy Coriander Chicken Bagel
- 1 – Bagel
- 30gms - coriander mayo
- 20gms – lettuce
- 60 gms - chicken (diced)
- 10 gms - red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp - homemade coriander chutney
- Stir fry the diced chicken in oil in a pan till brown (or cooked)
- Mix with coriander chutney
- Slice the bagels into 2 halves
- Put coriander mayo on both sides (mix 2 tbsp of mayo with one tbsp ofcoriander chutney for 'coriander mayo')
- Place the lettuce on the bottom half of the bagel
- Put the cooked coriander chicken on top of the lettuce
- Garnish with red bell pepper and chopped coriander
- Serve with a side salad and whole wheat wafers!
About Lalita de Goederen. Lalita de Goederen – van Lamsweerde (33 years old, CEO and Founder of Lalita’s Bagel’s Cafe Pvt Ltd) is a first generation entrepreneur and the force behind the only cafe in India focused on serving authentic bagels, Bagels Cafe. Her passion for food – both in terms of cooking and consuming – made the decision to enter the world of food & beverage (F&B) a natural choice for Lalita. Every single item on the menu at Bagels Cafe is something that Lalita has either created or adapted and added her signature style to.
*Image courtesy: © Bagels Cafe
Smoking is bad for your health, yes, but do you know exactly how it affects your body? Most...
The immune system’s job is to identify foreign microbes, viruses, and parasites creeping...
Pizza isn't necessarily junk food; it all depends on how it's made. Pizza can be...