Diabetic Diet : Baked Omelette
Low fat and very low cholesterol, good protein and calcium source; Baked Omlette is a good option for breakfast or as a mid meal/filler and since it requires very little rice, this dish is even helpful as a diabetes recipe. Added vegetables in the omelet take care that the sugar raising capacity of the little rice. The recipe involves colourful vegetables which is a source of antioxidants too!
- Egg whites- 2 nos.
- Onion- 10g
- Rice- 10g
- Capsicum- 10g
- Red bell pepper- 10g
- Tomato- 10g
- Milk- 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Cook the rice and make a layer of this cooked rice in the baking dish.
- Mix the egg whites, milk, salt, pepper, chopped onion in a vessel and pour this mixture over the layer of rice in the baking dish.
- Top it with chopped capsicum, red bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Bake it at 300oC for 15 min or till done in a preheated oven.
- Serve hot.
*Recipe Courtesy: Priya Jain, Nutritionist, Hinduja Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai.
*Image Courtesy: Thinkstock/Getty Images
In the lead up to Diwali and the festive season we all need to watch what we eat.
Celery's an underdog when it comes to healthy foods, because it is rarely given credit...
The human body is simply amazing, with several functions and abilities that we don’t even...