Diabetic Diet : Baked Omelette
Low fat and very low cholesterol, good protein and calcium source; Baked Omlette is a good option for breakfast or as a mid meal/filler and since it requires very little rice, this dish is even helpful as a diabetes recipe. Added vegetables in the omelet take care that the sugar raising capacity of the little rice. The recipe involves colourful vegetables which is a source of antioxidants too!
- Egg whites- 2 nos.
- Onion- 10g
- Rice- 10g
- Capsicum- 10g
- Red bell pepper- 10g
- Tomato- 10g
- Milk- 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Cook the rice and make a layer of this cooked rice in the baking dish.
- Mix the egg whites, milk, salt, pepper, chopped onion in a vessel and pour this mixture over the layer of rice in the baking dish.
- Top it with chopped capsicum, red bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Bake it at 300oC for 15 min or till done in a preheated oven.
- Serve hot.
*Recipe Courtesy: Priya Jain, Nutritionist, Hinduja Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai.
*Image Courtesy: Thinkstock/Getty Images
If you’ve ever admired Hrithik Roshan or John Abraham’s physique, you have Kris Gethin...
Vinay was a skinny and underweight kid who had grown up watching Arnold Schwarzenegger and...
For hundreds of years, the only type of milk humans had to drink was animal milk that came...