Diabetic Diet : Baked Omelette
Low fat and very low cholesterol, good protein and calcium source; Baked Omlette is a good option for breakfast or as a mid meal/filler and since it requires very little rice, this dish is even helpful as a diabetes recipe. Added vegetables in the omelet take care that the sugar raising capacity of the little rice. The recipe involves colourful vegetables which is a source of antioxidants too!
- Egg whites- 2 nos.
- Onion- 10g
- Rice- 10g
- Capsicum- 10g
- Red bell pepper- 10g
- Tomato- 10g
- Milk- 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper- to taste
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Cook the rice and make a layer of this cooked rice in the baking dish.
- Mix the egg whites, milk, salt, pepper, chopped onion in a vessel and pour this mixture over the layer of rice in the baking dish.
- Top it with chopped capsicum, red bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Bake it at 300oC for 15 min or till done in a preheated oven.
- Serve hot.
*Recipe Courtesy: Priya Jain, Nutritionist, Hinduja Hospital, Mahim, Mumbai.
*Image Courtesy: Thinkstock/Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
Nidhi, thought that being tall helped her look slim, so she didn't pay any attention...
If women are coy about sex, men are coy about skincare treatments. Men also face skin...