Diabetic Dessert: Low Calorie Carrot Halwa
Carrots are a versatile vegetable and is used to prepare this dessert in a jiffy to tantalize your taste buds. Enrich this dessert by avoiding khoya and replacing the full fat milk powder with its low fat counterpart. A pinch of cardamom powder further enhances the taste of this appealing halwa.
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp low fat milk (99.7% fat-free)
- a pinch cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 1 tbsp almond (badam) slivers
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Steam the carrots over boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the steamed carrots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk powder and milk, mix well and cook for a few minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder and almonds and mix well.
- Serve hot.
*Recipe Courtesy: Low Calorie Gajar Halwa, Tarladalal.com
*Image Courtesy: veggieplatter
FOR MORE: DESSERTS
While sunflower oil is a healthy oil to cook with, it can be used in your skin and hair...
We all have some sort of skincare routine and are probably guilty of some skincare...
Work, presentations, deadlines, interviews etc. are such a basic part of your life and yet...