Diabetic Dessert: Low Calorie Carrot Halwa
Carrots are a versatile vegetable and is used to prepare this dessert in a jiffy to tantalize your taste buds. Enrich this dessert by avoiding khoya and replacing the full fat milk powder with its low fat counterpart. A pinch of cardamom powder further enhances the taste of this appealing halwa.
- 3 cups grated carrot
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp low fat milk (99.7% fat-free)
- a pinch cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 1 tbsp almond (badam) slivers
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Steam the carrots over boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the steamed carrots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk powder and milk, mix well and cook for a few minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder and almonds and mix well.
- Serve hot.
*Recipe Courtesy: Low Calorie Gajar Halwa, Tarladalal.com
*Image Courtesy: veggieplatter
FOR MORE: DESSERTS
The 2015 Academy Awards witnessed some of the fittest Hollywood celebrities who dazzled on...
Vinay was a skinny and underweight kid who had grown up watching Arnold Schwarzenegger and...
Welcome to the vegetarian world! Vegetarians are frequently misunderstood as unconventional...