Dessert Recipe: Nut Cookie Sandwich
So your partner and you are health-conscious person but with a big sweet tooth? Then you must be wondering how to prepare a sweet dish which will be tasty yet won’t ruin your diet, right? In that case, we have a solution for you; try this nut cookie sandwich to satiate your sweet tooth. You can try this easy to make recipe when you have a movie plan at home or even when guests are over. This recipe, by Ms. Priya Kathpal, Nutritionist, Mumbai, is easy to make, healthy and will surely get you into a great mood
Ingredients for cookies
• ½ cup almonds, walnuts and cashew nuts mix
• ½ cup flaxseeds and pumpkin seeds mix
• 4 tbsp cocoa
• 4 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch sea salt
Ingredients for filling
• 1 large banana
• ½ cup strawberries for pink color and flavor
• 4-5 tbsp coconut oil
Steps for cookies:
• Place whole nuts in a food processor, run the processor till it crumbles
• Add in remaining ingredients, slowly add maple syrup run for few seconds
• This is the batter for cookies.
• Roll out the batter on the cutting board and cut it out in a shape you like with the help of a cookie cutter (in this case it can be heart shape cookie cutter)
• This batter will be a little delicate so do the cutting slowly
• Make sure you have enough for the top and bottom layers
• Set cookies aside
Steps for filling:
• Place all ingredients into a blender.
• Blend till creamy
• Spread the filling on cutting board and freeze it to get hard
How to assemble?
• Remove the filling after its hard and cut it in the same shape as cookies
• Place a cookie on the plate, top with the filling and then place another cookie on the top
• Repeat till all sandwiches are made
Former NFL cheerleader, competitive gymnast and pro fitness athlete, Ramona Braganza is...
Blue is one colour that always looks good on any skin! I'm talking about...
No matter how many hours we have in the day, we always fall short of time try to take...