Dessert Recipe: Nut Cookie Sandwich
So your partner and you are health-conscious person but with a big sweet tooth? Then you must be wondering how to prepare a sweet dish which will be tasty yet won’t ruin your diet, right? In that case, we have a solution for you; try this nut cookie sandwich to satiate your sweet tooth. You can try this easy to make recipe when you have a movie plan at home or even when guests are over. This recipe, by Ms. Priya Kathpal, Nutritionist, Mumbai, is easy to make, healthy and will surely get you into a great mood
Ingredients for cookies
• ½ cup almonds, walnuts and cashew nuts mix
• ½ cup flaxseeds and pumpkin seeds mix
• 4 tbsp cocoa
• 4 tbsp maple syrup
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• Pinch sea salt
Ingredients for filling
• 1 large banana
• ½ cup strawberries for pink color and flavor
• 4-5 tbsp coconut oil
Steps for cookies:
• Place whole nuts in a food processor, run the processor till it crumbles
• Add in remaining ingredients, slowly add maple syrup run for few seconds
• This is the batter for cookies.
• Roll out the batter on the cutting board and cut it out in a shape you like with the help of a cookie cutter (in this case it can be heart shape cookie cutter)
• This batter will be a little delicate so do the cutting slowly
• Make sure you have enough for the top and bottom layers
• Set cookies aside
Steps for filling:
• Place all ingredients into a blender.
• Blend till creamy
• Spread the filling on cutting board and freeze it to get hard
How to assemble?
• Remove the filling after its hard and cut it in the same shape as cookies
• Place a cookie on the plate, top with the filling and then place another cookie on the top
• Repeat till all sandwiches are made
The 2015 Academy Awards witnessed some of the fittest Hollywood celebrities who dazzled on...
Vinay was a skinny and underweight kid who had grown up watching Arnold Schwarzenegger and...
Welcome to the vegetarian world! Vegetarians are frequently misunderstood as unconventional...