Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Cauliflower
This delicious chicken dish only calls for what's easily available at the neighbourhood grocery store. A healthy recipe with Indian spices and flavours, this one uses sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes to give your chicken that extra flavour boost. Serve this curried chicken with sweet potatoes and cauliflower when you have people over or just for a regular dinner. The roasted cauliflowers and the sweet potatoes really add a nice touch.
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Madras-style curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, (about 1 1/2 pounds), trimmed
- 1 sweet potato, (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, (1 small head) or broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts, or cashews
- 1/4 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- Combine yogurt, curry powder, coriander, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and cayenne in a shallow glass dish; mix to blend. Reserve 1/4 cup of this mixture; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to the remaining yogurt mixture and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 230°C. Lightly coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the prepared baking sheet. Toss sweet potato with the reserved yogurt mixture in a medium bowl and place on the baking sheet. Toss cauliflower with oil in a medium bowl and add to the baking sheet. Season vegetables with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Roast chicken and vegetables, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Carefully turn the chicken over and stir the vegetables. Roast until the vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables on a platter or individual plates and garnish with peanuts (or cashews) and cilantro.
Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
22-year-old Ajith was stunned when a little kid referred to him as ‘uncle.' This...
Stress can cause emotional eating, which leads to unhealthy weight gain. But eating the...
Premature ejaculation can get you down and ruin your sex life. Learn to delay ejaculation...