Healthy Salad Recipe: BBQ Chicken and Bean Salad
Chicken is a rich source of lean protein and vitamin B6 and when clubbed with beans, is packed with good carbs, fibre and protein, making it a healthy snack. So, try our BBQ chicken and bean salad if you are looking for a healthy, tasty meal.
· Cooked kidney beans (Rajma) 1 cup
· Cooked chick peas ½ cup
· Chicken cubes
· Diced capsicum 1/3 cup
· Diced tomatoes 1/3 cup
· Diced spring onions 1/3 cup
· Diced dates 1tbsp
· Diced pineapple 1/3 cup
· Mixed lettuce1 cup
· Tortilla chips 2 cups
· Lemon juice 1 tbsp
· Cilantro fresh 2 tbsp
· Orange juice 2 tbsp
· Jalapeno chillies chopped 1 tsp
· Olive oil 1 tbsp
· Toss and mix all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl.
· Make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, ketchup, soy, salt, pepper and olive oil. Pour the dressing into the salad and toss well.
· Serve chilled.
*Recipe and Image Courtesy: Real Good Chef Vicky Ratnani
FOR MORE: HEALTHY SNACKS
Hollywood celebrity trainer Ramona Braganza lets us in on some of her A-List client's...
Available only in winter, Indian gooseberries, or amla as they are known in Hindi, have...
You probably started growing a moustache this month with the vague intention of...