Healthy Salad Recipe: BBQ Chicken and Bean Salad
Chicken is a rich source of lean protein and vitamin B6 and when clubbed with beans, is packed with good carbs, fibre and protein, making it a healthy snack. So, try our BBQ chicken and bean salad if you are looking for a healthy, tasty meal.
· Cooked kidney beans (Rajma) 1 cup
· Cooked chick peas ½ cup
· Chicken cubes
· Diced capsicum 1/3 cup
· Diced tomatoes 1/3 cup
· Diced spring onions 1/3 cup
· Diced dates 1tbsp
· Diced pineapple 1/3 cup
· Mixed lettuce1 cup
· Tortilla chips 2 cups
· Lemon juice 1 tbsp
· Cilantro fresh 2 tbsp
· Orange juice 2 tbsp
· Jalapeno chillies chopped 1 tsp
· Olive oil 1 tbsp
· Toss and mix all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl.
· Make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, ketchup, soy, salt, pepper and olive oil. Pour the dressing into the salad and toss well.
· Serve chilled.
*Recipe and Image Courtesy: Real Good Chef Vicky Ratnani
FOR MORE: HEALTHY SNACKS
Health Star Of The Week
Manisha chose to be ignorant about the weight she had gained over the years, as she was...
If women are coy about sex, men are coy about skincare treatments. Men also face skin...