Ovarian cancer is a growing disease that is taking women by surprise in the recent years. Along with breast cancer, ovarian cancer should be watched out for as ovarian cancer too, is a silent killer. Dr. Shruti Bhatia, Senior Consultant with Gynae Oncology from Action Cancer Hospital in New Delhi tells us about the not-so obvious ovarian cancer symptoms to watch out for.
Dr. Shruti Bhatia explains, “Early ovarian cancer may not cause obvious symptoms. But, as the cancer grows, symptoms may include:
- Pressure or persistent pain in the abdomen, pelvis, back, or legs
- A swollen or bloated abdomen
- Difficulty in eating or feeling full quickly
- Nausea, vomiting, indigestion, bloating or constipation
- Feeling very tired all the time
- Changes in bowel habit
- Unexplained weight loss and weight gain
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling the need to urinate quite often
- Unusual vaginal bleeding (heavy periods, or bleeding after menopause)”
Don’t fret if you feel your stomach is bloated after eating, it’s just your eating habits and the food. But if you experience several of these symptoms simultaneously then you should visit a specialist.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
Weight loss becomes a herculean task when you have a small baby in your hands and pounds on...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
Vegetable Kati Roll is an easy Indian food recipe prepared with whole wheat rotis and mixed...
Summer brings with it a plethora of problems – skin, hair and health problems like...
Women generally know how to make their men happy, but do you know there are erogenous zones...