What are the Hidden Symptoms of Ovarian Cancer ?
Ovarian cancer is a growing disease that is taking women by surprise in the recent years. Along with breast cancer, ovarian cancer should be watched out for as ovarian cancer too, is a silent killer. Dr. Shruti Bhatia, Senior Consultant with Gynae Oncology from Action Cancer Hospital in New Delhi tells us about the not-so obvious ovarian cancer symptoms to watch out for.
Dr. Shruti Bhatia explains, “Early ovarian cancer may not cause obvious symptoms. But, as the cancer grows, symptoms may include:
- Pressure or persistent pain in the abdomen, pelvis, back, or legs
- A swollen or bloated abdomen
- Difficulty in eating or feeling full quickly
- Nausea, vomiting, indigestion, bloating or constipation
- Feeling very tired all the time
- Changes in bowel habit
- Unexplained weight loss and weight gain
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling the need to urinate quite often
- Unusual vaginal bleeding (heavy periods, or bleeding after menopause)”
Don’t fret if you feel your stomach is bloated after eating, it’s just your eating habits and the food. But if you experience several of these symptoms simultaneously then you should visit a specialist.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
The human body is truly amazing. Check out these 10 incredible facts about your body.
If you’re a vegetarian, watch out for these foods that seem to be vegetarian but may...
Drinking enough water is easier said than done, because even though you know that you...