Essential Oil: Uses of Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus essential oil has always been regarded for its medical properties. Eucalyptus oil is an analgesic, antiviral, antibacterial and antiseptic too, making it a perfect remedy for most treatments. But apart from that it is also a good disinfectant that can be used for household purposes. Here are a few uses of this versatile essential oil- Eucalyptus oil.
- You can even treat sinus with Eucalyptus oil. You can add it to your Neti pot saline solution for quick relief.
- You can use Eucalyptus oil in an aromatherapy treatment to get rid of headaches and nose blockage. Just add a few drops of this oil to your steam and inhale it.
- You can add Eucalyptus oil to your homemade sunscreen because Eucalyptus oil has a low natural SPF and will help make you sunscreen more effective.
- You can also use Eucalyptus oil on your pets to control the flea attack. Mix a few drops of Eucalyptus oil in your pets shampoo and give it a good wash. This should naturally be able to keep the fleas away.
- Add Eucalyptus oil to coconut oil and give youself a good scalp massage with it. This will help prevent and even get rid of head lice.
- You can also use Eucalyptus oil as a floor cleaner by mixing it with hot water. Fill this solution in a spray bottle and use it to clean your floors.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Image
For More: Healthy Living
The human body is truly amazing. Check out these 10 incredible facts about your body.
If you’re a vegetarian, watch out for these foods that seem to be vegetarian but may...
Drinking enough water is easier said than done, because even though you know that you...