Peptic ulcers or stomach ulcers can cause pain, the bloated stomach feeling, heart burn, and even vomiting. The sound of it makes you cringe, but this is what really happens on ground reality when it comes to ulcers of the abdomen. Here's a quick check on what causes stomach ulcers, and what one can do to treat them.
Causes of stomach ulcers:
- Bacteria are one of the causes of peptic ulcers, specifically helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) bacteria is too blame for this pain.
- Medication is another cause that disrupts your calm stomach. Ulcers can develop with painkillers and fever pills too.
- Stomach ulcers may even be hereditary.
Treatments for stomach ulcer:
- Avoid the vices- drink alcohol in moderation and quit smoking
- Antibiotics will pump out the bacteria, helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)
- Avoid overuse of drugs
- Surgery in extreme cases
- Consult your doctor for the correct treatment according to the intensity of your stomach ulcer.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
A hefty Ganesh found it difficult to walk around or cycle in the chemical plant where he...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
For a healthy breakfast one needs to blend nutrition and fibre. Nutritionist Priya Kathpal...
With the mercury levels rising to new highs everyday, summer seems to completely drain us...
Oxytocin - the natural love drug plays a crucial role in nurturing our relationships,...