Personal Care: Gym Hygiene Habits to Follow
Public places are full of germs and bacteria that can cause infections. So are gyms or public parks that have parallel bars and monkey bars. Prevent contagious diseases, infection and skin problems with these gym hygiene tips shared by our Fitness expert and Strength and Conditioning coach, Arnav Sarkar.
“If you are in a public gym, then you should consider using a towel since you will be sharing equipment that others have used,” says Arnav Sarkar. Besides carrying a towel here are a few tips you can keep in mind to prevent diseases.
Carry hand sanitiser with you to prevent contracting bacteria at the gym. Also, wash your hands thoroughly before and after your workout. If possible, try and sanitise the gym equipment before using it.
Hygiene habits to follow:
Arnav suggests these healthy habits to follow at the gym or after your home workout, he says, “Take a bath after your workout. Don’t let your sweaty clothes stay in the gym bag for days following the workout.”
Some general hygiene habits for personal care:
- Do not share your personal care products with others.
- Wear clean clothes every time you hit the gym and wash them after your workout.
- Shower after every workout.
- Take necessary measures to prevent athlete’s feet or fungal infection on your feet.
- Avoid going to the gym if you are sick.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images