Natural Ayurveda Remedies to Build Immunity
A good immune system is the ‘anti-virus’ defence against any disease. Forget about pumping your immune system with pills, we take the age-old way to boost immunity: Ayurveda. We list out natural herbs and home remedies that can build immunity.
Causes of low immune levels:
- Metabolic disorder
- Poor diet
Symptoms of low immunity:
- You get tired easily and fatigue kicks in too.
- Dark circles start to appear, you can slip into depression and start experiencing insomnia.
- You tend to catch cold and cough quickly, and other infections too.
Ayurveda herbs to boost immunity:
1) Neem: These leaves are beneficial to cure skin problems. Neem tea improves indigestion and constipation; and neem can reduce acidity as well.
2) Amla: Lowers cholesterol, controls blood sugar in diabetes, improves blood circulation, improves digestion and alleviates constipation.
3) Turmeric: New research around turmeric constantly increases the importance of this herb. Turmeric is believed to reduce arthritis, asthma, colds, cancer, diabetes and inflammation.
4) Ginger: Besides building immunity, ginger is beneficial for absorbing nutrients in the body, opening sinus, reducing inflammation and chest congestion.
5) Aswagandha: Besides improving your immunity, aswagandha is beneficial for revitalising energy levels, and slowing the aging process. Make a powder of the root and add three to four grams to milk.
6) Giloy – Tinospora Cordifolia: To giloy juice, add neem and amla for skin problems. Giloy is effective in eliminating toxins from the body.
7) Mulethi - Liquorice: Mulethi is a great herb to rejuvenate your body. Prepare a mixture of powdered mulethi root and add honey and ghee to it.
8) Tulsi – Holy Basil: The leaves of the holy basil plant are instrumental for coughs, sore throats, mouth infection, skin problems, headaches and boosting immunity.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
(Disclaimer: Please consult your physician or other healthcare professional before trying any new therapy, diet, home remedy, health tips, amng others to determine if it is right for your needs and will not cause any complication as per your medical history.)
While sunflower oil is a healthy oil to cook with, it can be used in your skin and hair...
We all have some sort of skincare routine and are probably guilty of some skincare...
Work, presentations, deadlines, interviews etc. are such a basic part of your life and yet...