International Clitoris Awareness Week: Know Your Clitoris Better
For those of you who don’t know yet, this week is the International Clitoris Awareness Week, which began on May 5th and will go on till May 11th. Did you know that the clitoris is the only human organ whose sole purpose is to provide pleasure? There are many such vital facts about the clitoris that have been long ignored. The International Clitoris Awareness Week dedicates these 7 days to this integral part of the female body, the clitoris.
- The clitoris that you can see when your spread your legs is only a part of it. This is the clitoral hood. The rest of the clitoris is hidden behind the hood and measures about four inches.
- Even though the clitoris keeps growing in size, it never really ages once it reaches maturity. It remains at its sexual peak for the rest of a woman’s life.
- The clitoris can get a hard-on too. This is why it appears puffy when aroused. Once you climax or calm down, the clitoris will resume its normal size.
- A woman’s clitoris has over 8,000 sensory nerve endings which is almost double in number than the nerve endings on the head of a man’s penis.
- In most cases, clitoral stimulation can result in an assured orgasm.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
For More: Sexual Health
When it comes to fish, most people tend to either love it or hate it. If you already love...
Having a healthy sex life is a great way to stay fit, happy and connected with your...
Everyone is in search of a secret product for glowing skin. But what they fail to...