How to Use a Female Condom
Unplanned pregnancy can completely change your future. In a time when women are open to talk about their sexual prowess, they are becoming aware of female contraceptives. And the latest contraceptive is the female condom. For it to be effective you need to put it on correctly and here's how.
1) The condom has two ends - closed and outer end. The lubricant should be on the outside of the closed end.
2) Next you need to find the right position to insert the condom. You can squat, keep a leg on the chair, or simply lie down.
3) The next step is like insert a tampon; squeeze the inner ring at the closed end and insert it in the vagina.
4) The inner ring should reach the cervix and let the outer ring hang one inch outside the vagina.
Tips for using female condom:
- The condom will tend to move during intercourse which is normal.
- If the outer ring of the condom moves inside the vagina, stop the intercourse. Or if the penis is between the condom and vaginal wall.
- You can also remove the condom, lubricate it or use spermicide and insert it again.
- But once ejaculated, you cannot use the female condom.
Removing the female condom:
1) Twirl the outer ring of the condom to prevent any semen from spilling out.
2) Do not flush the condom, but dispose it properly.
FOR MORE: Contraception
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images