How to Look Good This Monsoon
Most city dwellers say that the only good thing about the Indian monsoon is the first shower after May's long summer. Beyond that, it's time to get worried about how to take care of skin and hair, and how to simply look good in the monsoon. Skin becomes rough, oily, scratchy and pimply. Hair falls limp, lifeless and develops that notorious monsoon frizz. So if you're tired of that tied up bun or pony tail look, read our tips about how to save your skin and hair from the approaching humiditiy.
Monsoon Skin Care
- Now that the sun's barely streaming down on us, it's easy to ignore the humble sunscreen, right? Wrong. It is a must to apply sunscreen lotion every day, even in the monsoon. Choose SPF30 and above.
- Skin's become greasey? Use face scrubs at least once a day. Go for orange, raw milk or fruit based scrubs, which are great for anti-humidity skincare.
- Avoid heavy make up as it will clog your pores and cause pimples and rashes in this weather.
- Go for a cleanser which is not detergent-based as this will help wash away the humid grime without drying your skin and causing any roughness.
- Go for a face wash which contains good cleansing properties rather than simply going for a ‘brand’ which might have lured you.
- Use ice packs on your face before sleeping at night as this will help in giving you the much needed chilling effect.
Monsoon Hair Care.
- Many of us complain that even after using high end products on our hair, we don’t get the shiny, bouncy, ‘advertisement’ like hair. Well.... here’s why. The right way of applying shampoo is to take a little bit of it (size of single popcorn) and then rub it evenly all over your hair. Aim at rubbing into your hair from roots and then massaging it down to the roots. As far as the use of conditioners is concerned, go for something that suits your hair type.
- Wrap a hot towel around your hair with the conditioner still in, to get the best results.
- When it comes to brushing your hair, brush them step wise. This helps in encouraging blood flow to your hair which also helps in kicking out dandruff.
- In the end, make sure you are using the right kind of comb which helps in distributing oil all over your hair. This also helps in keeping them nourished and fresh all day long.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Have you ever wondered about which positions are most likely to make you climax? Or if it...
Hair Care Tips
Hair fall or hair loss does not spare age or gender. To be honest hair fall is a natural...