How to Be Fit at Any Size
Overweight people find it harder to be active. Extra weight hampers everyday physical funtions and severely limits daily activity. This leads to emotional binge eating and the vicious cycle continues until something gives. Why wait till then? Why not deal with this downward spiral now? While healthy weight loss takes time, there's plenty you can do to get energetic and fit today! Yes, it can be done! Here are a few tips to start you off on the road to fitness right this moment.
Fitness routines for any size
One big concern for overweight people is the availability of exercising opportunities that'll take the plus sized into consideration. Fear no more. If you haven't followed any kind of a fitness routine in ages, then brisk walking is your one-stop answer. It's an incredibly simple exercise, and will have your blood pumping in no time. Think walking is boring? Then start dancing. A few other easy-on-your-bulk activities are riding a stationary bike, performing side-leg raises, lifting weights, stretching exercises and swimming. Add to these your daily household chores as they contribute in a large way to your fitness levels – right from washing the car, gardening to cleaning your house.
Top 5 ways to get you started
Here are top 5 practical ways to help you initiate your goal of health and fitness, irrespective of your size!
1. Spruce up that attitude before you spruce up your body: 'I think I can' - These magic words may sound like a cliché to you but try repeating these lines in your head for at least 5 to 10 times a day, while sticking to your new health and fitness routine.
2. Set short-term realistic goals: Initiate by only walking for 5 to 10 minutes a day (or a duration that doesn't get you out of breath). Gradually introduce more activity in your day - walk your dog, go to your nearby grocery store in your track pants and try to walk at a faster pace than usual. Slowly but surely, work your way up and build on your success.
3. Just move it: We are not suggesting that you live in the gym or join long yoga sessions, just make an effort to be as active as possible. Remember, not all activities have to take the form of an actual fitness routine.
4. Reach up step by step: Strap a pedometer around your wrist and keep a record of your daily steps. We would even recommend you to keep a walking journal with you in order to track your success easily.
5. Know your extreme comfort levels: When you know that you can easily run for 1 km in a day, try and break out from your comfort zone. However, do note that in case you suffer from any kind of physical constraint, you must consult your doctor before starting any kind of fitness routine.
6. Eat balanced meals: Cut out the junk food. Leave that extra bread aside. Know what you're feeding your body. Ensure that your daily diet is suited to your nutrient and dietary needs rather than just satisfaction for one craving after another.
After just a couple of weeks of following these tips, you will realise that you feel fitter and are able to accomplish more each day. Being fit isn't about being thin, it's about being able-bodied, and strong-willed to live life the way you wish to. All the best!
Garlic, a regular staple in Indian households, is the ultimate superfood. Apart from giving...
Having a healthy sex life is a great way to stay fit, happy and connected with your...
Everyone is in search of a secret product for glowing skin. But what they fail to...