Hair Damage: Treating Hair loss
What causes hair damage and hair loss?
The causes are many. Chemicals used during straightening treatments, perming, highlighting, bleaching and colouring are some of the major culprits when it comes to damaging hair. Chemicals in some hair gels, shampoos or hair conditioners can also cause hair damage. Not to forget, malnutrition, fever, some drugs used in cancer medication, stress, pregnancy and childbirth are some of the common causes of hair damage and hair fall.l
Tips for Treating hair loss
- Avoid using chemicals unnecessarily for styling hair
- Clips and bands to tie the hair should not be too tight.
- Cut the tip of the hair to remove split ends.
- Use a shampoo formulated for dry or damaged hair.
- Shampoo only on alternate days.
- Do not use very hot water to wash hair.
- Avoid hair driers.
- Avoid brushing or styling hair till it has dried completely.
- Use a deep conditioner with protein base once a week.
- Eat healthy food with plenty of vegetables and fruits.
- Exercise regularly to de-stress.
If all this does not work, it’s time to consult a dermatologist.
Related Article: Ways to Prevent Hair Fall
*Data Courtesy: Dr. Mandeep Singh (Consultant, Cosmetic and plastic surgery) Columbia Asia Hospital, Gurgaon.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
The human body is truly amazing. Check out these 10 incredible facts about your body.
If you’re a vegetarian, watch out for these foods that seem to be vegetarian but may...
Drinking enough water is easier said than done, because even though you know that you...