Hair Care: Causes and Treatment for Oily Hair
Oily hair can play havoc to your gorgeous looks but it can also cause hair loss. Oily greasy hair is a complete turn off and makes the hair fall flat, styling your hair is impossible under such situations. To get rid of this hair problem we make a list of the causes of oily air. It will help you decide the treatment for oily hair. So here are the causes and treatment for oily hair.
Cause of oily hair:
- Oily hair is excess production of sebum from the body. Sebum is a waxy substance that makes the hair soft and waterproofs it.
- Hormonal changes are responsible for oily hair. Teenagers ace this problem, where their hair is oily and greasy.
- Your hair products can cause oily hair
- Build up of toxins and oil if the hair is not washed after a long duration.
- Diseases too increase the secretion on sebum.
- Genetics too can be blamed for excess build up of oily hair.
- Perspiration and environmental factors lead to greasy hair.
Treatment for oily hair:
- Change your shampoo.
- Wash your hair often and thoroughly rinse out hair products.
- Avoid combing and brushing hair often in a day, it can transfer oil to your hair.
- Wash your hair in lukewarm or cold water, avoid high temperatures.
- Avoid rubbing and massaging your head as it increases the secretion of sebum.
Oily hair can be treated; don’t let oily hair stop you from styling your hair. Just a few changes in your daily personal care can help you prevent oily hair.
*Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Absolutely love those deep backed cholis but ashamed of the state of your back? Luckily,...
Herbs and spices have been traditionally used for their flavour-enhancing and medicinal...
The human body is simply amazing, with several functions and abilities that we don’t even...