Ganeshotsav Special: Healthy Eating Tips for Ganesh Festival
The elephant God has already made his way in our homes and hearts. Besides, the regular pooja and aarti, this famous Maharashtra festival is known for good and authentic Maharashtrian food. This festival, is also a time to indulge in a lot of sweets. If you want to stay healthy, then follow these simple tips by Shilpa Mittal - Nutritionist, Diet Consultant and Founder of Nutrilife Health Management, Mumbai.
• Shilpa says, ‘yes, you would surely enjoy the sweets prepared at home, and you should actual enjoy it, because this awesome festival only comes once a year. So the key is minimum.’
• Start your day with a good, nutritious breakfast; this will prevent you from overindulging in mithai and snacks. Choose healthy foods like fruits, cereals and oats; this will keep you full for a longer time.
• Keep yourself well hydrated. Make sure that you are drinking enough water at regular intervals.
• Choose water, lemon water, masala chaas or just masala milk over other fizzy drinks. These alternatives are healthy and tasty as well.
• If you can't resist eating some sweets, then cut them into small pieces. This way, you won't end up eating a lot of sweets.
Smoking is bad for your health, yes, but do you know exactly how it affects your body? Most...
The immune system’s job is to identify foreign microbes, viruses, and parasites creeping...
Pizza isn't necessarily junk food; it all depends on how it's made. Pizza can be...