Face Mask, Scrub or Exfoliate: How to Get Radiant Skin
Healthy skin radiates with happiness. Clean and glowing skin attracts eyeballs and hides your age. Dr. Chetna Ramchandani, Dermatologist with Evolve Medspa gives you some handy tips for healthy skin. Find out the differences in skin cleansing methods that will work for your skin.
How to Scrub
Scrubbing can be done as a weekly ritual. The agent needs to be applied to the skin and massaged gently for 5 minutes followed by washing the face. It can be combined with steaming the face to remove blackheads. This needs to be followed by toning to close the pores and finally moisturizing should be the final step.
What are the side effects of Scrubbing?
Scrubbing can cause increased skin dryness if overused. It can cause redness of skin and irritation. Sensitive skin can break out into a rash.
How to use Face Masks
The mask should be spread evenly over the skin surface avoiding the eyebrows and the hairline and left to dry. Some masks are to be removed after 15 minutes while others are designed for overnight use. Carefully follow the manufacturer’s guidelines.
What are the Side effects of Face Masks?
These masks can cause burning sensations if over-used and hence a patch test over the neck or the forearm before applying on the face is recommended.
Home remedies to exfoliate your skin:
- Tomatoes-for oily skin
- Almonds-almonds soaked in milk and ground to a paste serve as a good exfoliator and lightening agent.
- Oats-ground oats in milk serve as a good exfoliator for people with open pores.
- Sugar and lemon-sugar helps for scrubbing and lime helps in lightening the skin.
- Besan(Gram flour)-This is a common kitchen ingredient and helps for exfoliation. It works better when mixed with turmeric which is a lightening agent
- Sea salt-sea salt when mixed with 1 spoon of yogurt can be a good scrubber for dry skin.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
The 2015 Academy Awards witnessed some of the fittest Hollywood celebrities who dazzled on...
Vinay was a skinny and underweight kid who had grown up watching Arnold Schwarzenegger and...
Welcome to the vegetarian world! Vegetarians are frequently misunderstood as unconventional...