Embarrassing Health Problem: How to Prevent Vaginal Itch
Indian women are shy when it comes to talking about personal hygiene of intimate body parts. Hence, young women are usually in the dark about how to deal with skin problems and vaginal infections. A simple skin problem like the vaginal itch can develop for any woman and is a very common problem as well, leaving most who are suffering quite clueless and uncomfortable. Today, we give you some quick facts about the vaginal itch, an embarrassing health problem for women, that needs to be discussed often to prevent lasting health issues.
Let’s find out what causes vaginal itch:
- Yeast and bacterial infection
- Change in hormones, for instance, during menopause
- Moisture and dampness
- Detergents, soaps, condoms, toilet paper
Vaginal itch is curable and does not need intensive treatment. The doctor will prescribe antibiotics and antifungal creams that will take care of the skin problem.
How do you prevent vaginal itch:
- Stay dry and clean
- Shower daily
- Rinse out all the soap
- Make sure your intimates are not tight; cotton is a preferred material
- It is recommended that after motions, you must wash up or wipe from front to back. This will help avoid germs entering the vagina.
- Grandma’s tip: Back in the day, women were suggested to sleep without their underwear, so that the vagina area remains dry.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Be the next Femina Miss India 2014. Registrations open now! Click here to apply
Health Star Of The Week
22-year-old Ajith was stunned when a little kid referred to him as ‘uncle.' This...
Stress can cause emotional eating, which leads to unhealthy weight gain. But eating the...
Premature ejaculation can get you down and ruin your sex life. Learn to delay ejaculation...