Clean Eating: Health Benefits of Ginseng (Maca Root )
If you want to start your healthy living goal by adopting clean eating then start by eating maca. Maca is root that belongs to radish family. This food is nutrient dense and helps to boost your immune system. Nutritionist and Freelance Writer at Travellers Dietition – Kara Landau, helps us to understand more about this miracle food.
• Consumption of maca root in powder form helps to enhance our immune system through a regulation process of the endocrine glands. Maca also helps the body to adjust and helps to effectively cope with physiological, biological and psychological tensions.
• Presence of vitamin C, which is also an antioxidant helps to improve your cognitive process.
• Ginseng also helps to increase one’s libido by 180% and fertility in both genders. It also helps to perk up sperm count by almost 200% in men. Men who consume maca have found developments in erectile function and semen quality. Women suffering from hormone irregularities or menopause have also found maca consumption to be favourable e.g. decreased period pain and menopausal symptoms.
• Ginseng has been found to encourage oestrogen production, which is advantageous for perimenopausal and menopausal women.
• Can help to avert or maintain osteoporosis due to the calcium content present in Ginseng.
• Ginseng acts as a stimulant to aid adrenal function. It also helps to increase energy and stamina.
• Presence of iron in Ginseng helps to decrease the risk of anaemia in vegans.
• Glucosinolates are an element of Ginseng; which has anti-mutagenic and anti-carcinogenic properties, which can be highly protective against certain types of cancer.
• Ginseng can help to deal with constipation and help in easy passage of stools.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Be the next Femina Miss India 2014. Registrations open now! Click here to apply
Help Miss India Earth , Sobhita Dhulipala win Miss Eco Beauty title. Like the Miss Earth Facebook page to vote
Health Star Of The Week
22-year-old Ajith was stunned when a little kid referred to him as ‘uncle.' This...
Stress can cause emotional eating, which leads to unhealthy weight gain. But eating the...
Premature ejaculation can get you down and ruin your sex life. Learn to delay ejaculation...