Beauty Uses of Baking Soda
Baking soda is not just limited to a baking ingredient; its uses spread way beyond the kitchen. From acting as an effective facial scrub to a teeth whitener, here are some of the most useful ways to use baking soda in your beauty routine.
- baking soda to one part of water to create a paste that acts as a perfect face scrub. This mixture will exfoliate your skin and leave you with a smooth complexion.
- It can acts as a natural deodorant when you rub your armpits with one-eighth of a teaspoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of water. This mixture will eliminate underarm sweat and neutralise odour.
- Baking soda can also be used to soften your cuticles. Add a little baking soda with water till it forms a paste. You can now use this paste on your nail brush and rub it onto your cuticles. This will exfoliate and soften your cuticles.
- Using baking soda to get rid of pimples is another effective remedy. Mix some baking soda with lemon juice and apply it on the pimple to zap them away.
- You can brighten your teeth and prevent discolouration by dipping your toothbrush in some baking soda and water mixture.
- Baking soda also acts as an effective dry shampoo. Instead of buying an expensive dry shampoo sprinkle a little baking soda at the root of your hair for the same results.
- You can use baking soda as a sunburn remedy to get immediate relief. Use a cool compress by soaking a clean washcloth in a baking soda and water mixture on sunburns to ease the pain.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
For More: Beauty Tips
Former NFL cheerleader, competitive gymnast and pro fitness athlete, Ramona Braganza is...
Blue is one colour that always looks good on any skin! I'm talking about...
No matter how many hours we have in the day, we always fall short of time try to take...