Beauty Uses of Baking Soda
Baking soda is not just limited to a baking ingredient; its uses spread way beyond the kitchen. From acting as an effective facial scrub to a teeth whitener, here are some of the most useful ways to use baking soda in your beauty routine.
- baking soda to one part of water to create a paste that acts as a perfect face scrub. This mixture will exfoliate your skin and leave you with a smooth complexion.
- It can acts as a natural deodorant when you rub your armpits with one-eighth of a teaspoon of baking soda and one tablespoon of water. This mixture will eliminate underarm sweat and neutralise odour.
- Baking soda can also be used to soften your cuticles. Add a little baking soda with water till it forms a paste. You can now use this paste on your nail brush and rub it onto your cuticles. This will exfoliate and soften your cuticles.
- Using baking soda to get rid of pimples is another effective remedy. Mix some baking soda with lemon juice and apply it on the pimple to zap them away.
- You can brighten your teeth and prevent discolouration by dipping your toothbrush in some baking soda and water mixture.
- Baking soda also acts as an effective dry shampoo. Instead of buying an expensive dry shampoo sprinkle a little baking soda at the root of your hair for the same results.
- You can use baking soda as a sunburn remedy to get immediate relief. Use a cool compress by soaking a clean washcloth in a baking soda and water mixture on sunburns to ease the pain.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
For More: Beauty Tips
Hollywood celebrity trainer Ramona Braganza lets us in on some of her A-List client's...
Available only in winter, Indian gooseberries, or amla as they are known in Hindi, have...
You probably started growing a moustache this month with the vague intention of...