Ayurvedic Home Remedies: Top 11 Health Benefits of Gulkand (Rose-Petal Jam)
Gulkand or rose petal jam is a sweet Indian delicacy. It is easy to prepare and is listed under the best Ayurvedic medicines for their enormous health benefits. Dr. Shilpa Mittal - Nutritionist, Diet Consultant and Founder of Nutrilife Health Management, Mumbai shares a list on how this traditional mouth freshener can help to boost your health.
• Gulkand has cooling properties, thus it is beneficial in alleviating all heat related problems like tiredness, lethargy, itching, aches and pains. It also helps in reducing burning sensations in the soles and palms.
• Gulkand is a powerful antioxidant and a very good rejuvenator.
• Consuming 1 - 2 teaspoons of gulkand helps to reduce acidity and stomach heat. It also helps in treating ulcers and prevents swelling in the intestine.
• Gulkand helps to treat mouth ulcers, strengthens teeth and gums.
• It can be used to treat dysmenorrhoea and is effective in relieving menstrual pain. It is also helpful in treating excessive white discharge problem.
• A very good digestive tonic - helps to improve appetite, improves digestion and corrects digestive problems.
• Gulkand helps to remove toxins from the body and purifies blood. Thus, it helps in giving a clear complexion and prevents the occurrence of various skin problems like acne, boils, whiteheads etc.
• Helps to reduce excessive perspiration and foul body odour.
• Having two teaspoons of gulkand before venturing outdoors, can help to prevent sunstroke and controls nostril-bleeding.
• It is good for all those individuals who have water retention problem, as it helps in increasing your urine output.
• It has a calming effect on the nervous system, thus helps in reducing stress.
Note: Since it contains sugar, those with diabetes should consult their doctor before consuming it. In addition, obese people may consume this in reduced quantity.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
The human body is truly amazing. Check out these 10 incredible facts about your body.
If you’re a vegetarian, watch out for these foods that seem to be vegetarian but may...
Drinking enough water is easier said than done, because even though you know that you...