Alternative Healing: What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a therapeutic method or alternative medicine of relieving pain by stimulating predefined pressure points on the feet and hands.
Health benefits of reflexology
• Increases circulation, improving blood flow throughout the body.
• Cleanses the body of toxins and impurities
• Boosts immune system
• Reduces muscle tension
• Aids digestion and intestinal functions
• Stimulates nerve functions
• Increase in energy level
Reason to indulge in reflexology
Most popular reflexology points are on your feet, hand, ear and face.
- With ever increasing levels of stress in our life, Reflexology helps us to cope with this mental, physical and emotional stresses thereby encouraging us to heal from health conditions.
- Many people has included reflexology in their lifestyle as a means of unwinding and focusing on their health and promote relaxation.
- You do not have to have an illness to have Reflexology, all ages can benefit including infants and children. It revitalises energy throughout the body by stimulating and relaxing energy pathways.
- Women who received reflexology, experiences shorter labour time compared to others.
- There is also a positive impact on postpartum anxiety, depression, bowel movements and urination.
- It is also beneficial for women who experience heavy or painful menstrual cycles, with regular reflexology it decreases their discomfort and flow by 20-25% and regulates consistent menstrual cycle.
- The other main benefit is that it helps to decrease rate of depression and anxiety.
*Data courtesy: Mystic Lifestyle Spa
*Image Courtesy: Thinkstock/Getty images
While sunflower oil is a healthy oil to cook with, it can be used in your skin and hair...
We all have some sort of skincare routine and are probably guilty of some skincare...
Work, presentations, deadlines, interviews etc. are such a basic part of your life and yet...