Acidity: Treat Acidity with Simple Home Remedies
We have all suffered from acidity at some point in our lives. With our busy work schedules, we sometimes fail to eat anything throughout the day. Sometimes we only eat two meals a day, and at other times we simply skip these meals. But, our bad eating habits can cause acidity.
Your stomach normally secretes acid that is essential for the digestive process. This acid helps in breaking down the food during digestion. Your stomach keeps secreting juices to digest food and when it does not get any food to act on it acts on the stomach lining, which causes acidity.
Shreya Brahme, Dietician and Nutritionist and blogger at Dietician Shreya, helps us understand more about this common problem and ways to treat it.
Some common causes of acidity are:
• Eating fast food regularly
• Addiction to caffeine
• Too much alcohol consumption
• Leaving too much of a gap in-between meals
Some easy remedies:
• Have a glass of lukewarm water every day.
• Jaggery (gur), lemon, banana, almonds and yogurt (curd) are all known to give you instant relief from acidity.
• Nariyal paani is known to soothe the system if you suffer from acidity.
• Boil some mint or basil (tulsi) leaves in water and have a glass of this after meals.
• Include bananas, watermelons and cucumbers in your daily diet.
• Sucking on a piece of clove is another effective remedy.
• Besides, trying to correct the cause, avoid excessive intake of caffeine and alcohol.
While sunflower oil is a healthy oil to cook with, it can be used in your skin and hair...
We all have some sort of skincare routine and are probably guilty of some skincare...
Work, presentations, deadlines, interviews etc. are such a basic part of your life and yet...