Post Workout: How to Control Post Workout Cravings
After a workout or after completing a strenuous activity, we tend to look for food. We have a rapacious appetite and we have the habit of gorging on unhealthy foods like burgers, chaats and calorie-rich foods. But there are ways to curb and stall these unnatural hunger pangs.
- Have a heavy pre-workout snack. This will crush your post workout cravings and it will keep you going through the workout.
- Generally after a workout, you are recommended to have protein-rich foods. You can have a variety of dishes and combo with poultry, tuna, peanut butter, banana, yoghurt and fruits.
- Drink water after intervals, before, during and after the workout. Water helps to control hunger pangs.
- Post workout snacks that crush cravings should be chewy and lack calories. You can chew on this:
- Raw carrots
- Sugar-free gum
- Finally you should motivate yourself to stay away from calorie-rich foods post a workout. It is important to follow a right protein-rich diet post workout for recovery of muscles.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
It is a good idea to be aware of approximately how many calories you are consuming each...
Having a healthy sex life is a great way to stay fit, happy and connected with your...
Everyone is in search of a secret product for glowing skin. But what they fail to...