Post Workout: How to Control Post Workout Cravings
After a workout or after completing a strenuous activity, we tend to look for food. We have a rapacious appetite and we have the habit of gorging on unhealthy foods like burgers, chaats and calorie-rich foods. But there are ways to curb and stall these unnatural hunger pangs.
- Have a heavy pre-workout snack. This will crush your post workout cravings and it will keep you going through the workout.
- Generally after a workout, you are recommended to have protein-rich foods. You can have a variety of dishes and combo with poultry, tuna, peanut butter, banana, yoghurt and fruits.
- Drink water after intervals, before, during and after the workout. Water helps to control hunger pangs.
- Post workout snacks that crush cravings should be chewy and lack calories. You can chew on this:
- Raw carrots
- Sugar-free gum
- Finally you should motivate yourself to stay away from calorie-rich foods post a workout. It is important to follow a right protein-rich diet post workout for recovery of muscles.
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
Manisha chose to be ignorant about the weight she had gained over the years, as she was...
If women are coy about sex, men are coy about skincare treatments. Men also face skin...