Healthy Food: Foods Rich in Vitamin A
skin and for good eyesight. Recommendation of vitamin A for daily intake is 600mcg. Vitamin A also fights cancer by stopping the production of cancerous cells. Vitamin A is also responsible for maintenance of healthy bones and strong teeth. Calcium phosphate, a mineral that is produced by vitamin A prevents in formation of urinary stones. This vitamin is also essential during reproduction for both men and women. We explore the benefits of Vitamin A.
- Some people use vitamin A to improve vision and treat eye disorders
- It is also used for skin treatments – (acne, eczema, psoriasis, cold sores, wounds & burns)
- Vitamin A is useful for heavy PMS
- Vitamin A is used to treat gastrointestinal ulcers, crohn’s disease & diabetes
- It is used for preventing and treating cancer, protecting the heart and cardiovascular system, slowing the ageing process & boosting the immune system.
Deficiencies of vitamin A can lead to risk of diarrhea in young children and pregnant women xerophthalamia - (begning of night blindness), anemia also. It can also increase the severity of infection and mortality
Vitamin A rich foods
- Sweet potato
- Milk and milk products
- Dark leafy vegetables
- Red pumpkin
- Dried herbs
- Dried apricots
- Musk melon
- Eggs and hard boiled eggs
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
FOR MORE: HEALTHY EATING
Hollywood celebrity trainer Ramona Braganza lets us in on some of her A-List client's...
Available only in winter, Indian gooseberries, or amla as they are known in Hindi, have...
You probably started growing a moustache this month with the vague intention of...