Healthy Food: Foods Rich in Vitamin A
skin and for good eyesight. Recommendation of vitamin A for daily intake is 600mcg. Vitamin A also fights cancer by stopping the production of cancerous cells. Vitamin A is also responsible for maintenance of healthy bones and strong teeth. Calcium phosphate, a mineral that is produced by vitamin A prevents in formation of urinary stones. This vitamin is also essential during reproduction for both men and women. We explore the benefits of Vitamin A.
- Some people use vitamin A to improve vision and treat eye disorders
- It is also used for skin treatments – (acne, eczema, psoriasis, cold sores, wounds & burns)
- Vitamin A is useful for heavy PMS
- Vitamin A is used to treat gastrointestinal ulcers, crohn’s disease & diabetes
- It is used for preventing and treating cancer, protecting the heart and cardiovascular system, slowing the ageing process & boosting the immune system.
Deficiencies of vitamin A can lead to risk of diarrhea in young children and pregnant women xerophthalamia - (begning of night blindness), anemia also. It can also increase the severity of infection and mortality
Vitamin A rich foods
- Sweet potato
- Milk and milk products
- Dark leafy vegetables
- Red pumpkin
- Dried herbs
- Dried apricots
- Musk melon
- Eggs and hard boiled eggs
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
FOR MORE: HEALTHY EATING
Former NFL cheerleader, competitive gymnast and pro fitness athlete, Ramona Braganza is...
Blue is one colour that always looks good on any skin! I'm talking about...
No matter how many hours we have in the day, we always fall short of time try to take...