While good looking, feel-good clothes are a must for the fitness enthusiast, there are certain wardrobe essentials that anybody who works out regularly must have. Not only do these make you look good and feel good, but they are practical and will aid you in your exercise too. While working out, it's important to feel comfortable and generally upbeat as this aids you in pushing yourself more than usual. And here's what we recommend you wear to help you do just that - our top picks for fitness wardrobe essentials:
1) Dri Fits - This range or workout wear from Nike, has pants and t shirts, which fit really well for most body shapes. So when you wear clothes that fit beautifully, you tend to go that extra bit to make sure that you are putting in all that effort. Of course the super absorbent material makes sure you are comfortable, which is a huge boon while exercising.
2) Wristbands – While we carry towels to gyms, they are sometimes cumbersome to keep on our person all the time. With the simple wristbands, wiping the sweat off your brow is the easiest thing to do, and really comes in handy when you are fatigued. The sweat dripping from your hairline probably makes you feel more tired than you are.
3) A sports bra – This one is a must for any kind of aerobic activity as well as for running or any cardio. Neglecting buying a snug sports bra will lead to stretch marks and in the long run, very saggy breasts so it's time to fix that, starting now.
4) Proper designated gym clothing – Gym clothing sometimes gets a raw deal in many wardrobes. For that yoga class or the gym, a lot of you may pull out the nightshirt you haven’t worn in recent years, or those age old shorts. But investing in proper gym wear like different pants for your yoga class, and a different set for when you go running goes a long way to serve as a motivator. So a proper set of designated workout wear for different activities is a must.
5) Hair bands or sturdy clips – Large hair bands or clips to keep your hair in place during a workout are a must. While you may prefer leaving your hair loose for most of the day, your workout is one place where you may want to ensure that it is tied up and out of the way, thereby not providing a distraction for yourself and also maintaining a good sense of hygiene by not having hair stick to your neck and face because of the sweat.
Image courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
A hefty Ganesh found it difficult to walk around or cycle in the chemical plant where he...
Favourite Recipe Of The Week
For a healthy breakfast one needs to blend nutrition and fibre. Nutritionist Priya Kathpal...
With the mercury levels rising to new highs everyday, summer seems to completely drain us...
Oxytocin - the natural love drug plays a crucial role in nurturing our relationships,...