World T20: Travel Health Advisory for Sri Lanka
You may have sorted out the paper work to watch the World T20 in Sri Lanka, but are you aware of the travel health and safety advisory to this lush green country? We lay out some health pointers on this tropical country and what you need to pack in your medical kit.
When it comes to diseases in humid nations like Sri Lanka and India, the maladies are almost similar. Watch out for these topical diseases (Via):
- Japanese B Encephalitis – Watch out for this mosquito borne disease too.
- Hepatitis A and B – Vaccination will take care of it, but be prepared for mild side effects.
- Polio – Protect your babies with polio shots.
- Rabies –
- Typhoid – Pick hygienic restaurants or opt for well cooked food.
- Varicella – Or chickenpox is also prevalent in Sri Lanka.
What to include in the medical kit:
Antibiotic for skin infections
Antispasmodic for stomach cramps
DEET-based insect repellent – it keeps away all kinds of insects and pests.
Indigestion tablets or liquid, eg Quick Eze or Mylanta
Iodine tablets to purify water
Steroid cream for allergic or itchy rashes
Urinary tract infection creams
Emergency Service Numbers (Via):
Police Helpline: 119
Ambulance (Fire) (Colombo): 110
Fire & Ambulance: 011-2422222
With these guidelines in mind, have a safe trip!
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Have you ever wondered about which positions are most likely to make you climax? Or if it...
Hair Care Tips
Hair fall or hair loss does not spare age or gender. To be honest hair fall is a natural...