Types of Cardiovascular Diseases You Ought to Know
You may have heard terms like coronary artery disease, heart failure or peripheral arterial disease. These are heart diseases but they are not the same. There are 14 types of heart diseases that affect the cardiovascular system. Read on to understand which the difference between the 14 heart diseases.
2) Cardiomyopathy: This heart disease is due to weaken of the heart muscles and it can lead to heart failure.
3) Hypertensive heart disease: The main cause of this heart disease is hypertension or high blood pressure. Blood pressure affects the heart and the arteries, hence it is important to stablise the pressure.
4) Heart failure: This is caused due to lack of blood flow in the cardiovascular system, as the heart fails to pump blood.
5) Cor pulmonale: It is also called pulmonary heart disease, is induced by hypertension. The right ventricle of the heart does not respond to high blood pressure from the lungs.
6) Cardiac dysrhythmias: Simply put, it is irregular heart beat.
7) Inflammatory heart disease: There are further three type – endocarditis, inflammatory cardiomegaly and myocarditis. It is the inflammation of the heart at different places.
8) Valvular heart disease: As the name suggests, it is the disease that affects the valve of the heart.
9) Cerebrovascular disease: This disease affects the arteries that supply blood to the brain.
10) Peripheral arterial disease: It implies the inability of the blood to reach the arms and legs.
11) Congenital heart disease: This disease occurs at birth, when the heart is not formed and does not function properly.
12) Rheumatic heart disease: This is the effect of the rheumatic fever that is caused by streptococcal bacteria.
FOR MORE: Heart Diseases
*Images courtesy: © Thinkstock photos/ Getty Images
Health Star Of The Week
The feeling of being a mother had left Rupa ecstatic, but the repercussions of fat rich...
Have you ever wondered about which positions are most likely to make you climax? Or if it...
Hair Care Tips
Hair fall or hair loss does not spare age or gender. To be honest hair fall is a natural...